Sunday, March 18, 2007

Howl at the Moon

Thursday evening we went to Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar. It was really fun, especially after a few beers. They had four pianists that would alternate and they played and sang popular songs and took requests from the rowdy crowd. We requested "Walking in Memphis (not Cher)." I don't know why Laura and Heather put "not Cher" since they are all pretty much the same on piano. They also did "Yellow Submarine," "Family Tradition," and "I will Survive," which was accompanied by a bachelorette party. It was super funny and it was the most silly Jenny and I were all week. We also sang "Friends in Low Places" which is Jenny's favorite song ever. Laura thought I should open up a piano bar and I though that it would be sooo easy to do what those guys did, but I think I'll take it back now.

Also on Wednesday we went to Channelside hoping to see the dueling pianos but it was closed. We went to Margarita Mama's instead. (I think that was what it was called). I had a Mango Margarita and it was pretty discusting. Afterward, we saw a real live wild dolphinin the bay! Jenny was very excited and had to call Stephen who thought she was really drunk, but she really wasn't.

That was our experience of Channelside.

No comments: