Sunday, June 8, 2008

Will my patience run out?

I've always been very patient. But I wonder if God really wants me to wait around for good things to come my way, or does He want me to actively pursue those good things? Or is He asking me to simply like what I have, since I can't have what I'd like?

Who knows the answers to these questions? I figure He must have had a good plan in mind for me, when He gave me my family and teachers and friends. And the amount of money we had for our needs. And the experiences I've had. And all those things that make a person who they are. I'm not going to change really. Not drastically. All of the sudden I'm not going to turn around and love to party and stay out until four. I'm not going to begin to hate music. And I'm not going to stop wishing I was a better pianist and a more beautiful girl. But sometimes I do think about being someone else, with different experiences to define me. How would I be changed? Which friends would want to hang around, and who would rather be somewhere else? But I have to say again, God must know what I don't. I belong here for some reason and I'd like to figure it out. I'm sure I never will.

I'd like to think that it will all become clear to me and all the pieces will fall into place like a funny puzzle. And I'll laugh and say "see, it all turned out right in the end!" But of course I constantly doubt this conclusion. What if there are pieces missing? Even just one piece missing? What will happen to me? Sometimes I think I'm so sure about something and then it turns out to be a complete farce. Ha! Isn't that everyone's story?

No comments: