Sunday, May 25, 2008

Okay, I'm not going to quit piano.

I've definitely thought about it. However, my perpetual optimism and work ethic have won out. Surely if I work very hard this summer and find inspiration in the right places I shall find success down a long, hard road. Hey, it's kind of like an adventure, right? That's all life is anyway. Some people take years to figure out what they want to do with their lives. I knew a long time ago. It will just take years for me to be any good at it. Evens out in the end, then.

For now, I practice, teach, and work, and hope it all pays off. I suppose God new I would be a very patient person, because I have to wait for lots of things most of the time. Like I have to wait for this headache to go away, or wait for appreciation for my hours of toil, or for lunch, or everything.

So I am going to keep practicing my Prokofiev Sonata and Chopin Ballade, waiting for a good opportunity to try them out again, and play them giving due justice to the composers, and my hard work of course.

Happy Memorial Day to all. Thanks muchly to all you troops, past and present (and future).

No comments: