Monday, September 28, 2009

at work

Sometimes I am so irresponsible. Then my friends and I all pass the irresponsibility on to each other, the snow-ball effect. I should probably hang around people who are extremely productive and maybe it would rub off. Or people who just sleep 8 hours a night, that would be a good influence too. Sleep is Not Overrated... can I just say that?
Sometimes it's not even the people you hang around. It's the books you read... For instance, I'm reading The Murder of Roger Akroyd. Agatha Christie. She's good. This book is hilarious and fascinating all at once. I love these stupid mysteries and Hercule Poirot. "Hello! Poirot!" he says to answer the phone, in a slightly elevated but delightful tone. (well I know that from the show, not the book)
Sometimes it's not even the books you read, it's the things that come on television. We watched Monk and Psych, (gosh, again with the murder mysteries, I'm beginning to think I need to expand my interests).
And now I'm adult, I have no excuse. When I was a child, I just had to watch Matlock, Murder She Wrote, and Diagnosis Murder with my mom (cause she made me). Well certainly no one forced me to read Nancy Drew. Those mystery writers are so clever to ensnare you when you're young and impressionable...

No comments: